Letting go is the opposite of clinging, grasping or holding on. Letting go is a reminder to release your grip and just let things be as they are.
Though it is easier said than done, letting go can be a powerful way for you to ease your struggling and resistance to what’s happening in your life.
Practical ways to let go:
- Breathing: Breathing is an easy way to practice letting go by simply noticing your inhalation and exhalation. With every exhalation, focus on letting go and softening your body
- Decluttering: Pick a space and declutter it. Use Marie Kondo’s spark joy method and Peter Walsh’s ideas for decluttering (see Practical Resources below).
- Enhance Your Sleep Ritual.
- Keep the temperature between 60 and 67 degrees.
- Turn off all screens at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, even on the weekends.
Practical Resources on Letting Go: