The first task in aging well is to define what your purpose is as you age. It is intentionally creating a vision of what you’d like your life to look like and how you want to live it.
Creating a vision begins with being clear about what you want from your life. Taking time to make a platinum dream list (aka “bucket list”) can be helpful for this.
A platinum dream list is a list of the top 10-15 things you want or feel would make you happiest, which may include:
- Dream trips you’d like to take
- How much regular, quality time you’d like to spend with friends and family
- Retiring well financially
- Cultivating your healthiest body, mind and spirit
- Entertainment such as concerts, plays and sporting events
- Taking a class on something you’ve always wanted to learn, such as ceramics, philosophy, writing, painting, etc.
- A car you would like to own